Oct 14-Dec 10, 2017
Only 30 places available – last year sold out – sign up now to avoid disappointment!
Ever dreamt of completing a triathlon but don’t know where to start? Done a triathlon but want to take your performance to the next level? Come and learn everything you need to know about competing in triathlon with one of Perth’s largest and most successful triathlon clubs. Not only will you learn the basics of triathlon, but you’ll get fitter, have fun and make new friends at the same time.Sign Up
The objective of the course is to build your knowledge, skills, confidence and fitness in a safe and friendly environment.
The course will include :
- Introduction to the rules, equipment and race distances
- How to stay safe and injury free during training and racing
- Building swimming skills, fitness and open water confidence
- Introduction to swimming drills and correct swimming technique
- Basic bike maintenance and bike handling skills
- How to pace and what and when to eat and drink on the bike and run
- Building open road and group cycling confidence, skills and fitness
- Introduction to running drills and correct running technique
- Building running technique and fitness
- How to efficiently transition between the 3 sports
The program cost covers:
- Triathlon WA insurance to cover you while you’re training
- 4 coached training sessions per week in weeks 1-4 and 5 per week in weeks 5-8
- Free access to all STC training sessions in case you can’t make one of the novice sessions or would like to do more
- A Facebook page for the group and coaches to stay in touch, answer questions and coordinate activities
What you’ll need:
- A bike – ideally a road bike but a mountain bike or hybrid is OK. You’ll enjoy the program more with a road bike so should consider borrowing one if you don’t have one.
- Ability to swim 50m in the pool without stopping
- Lot’s of energy, enthusiasm and a desire to make new friends
Terms and Conditions
As with any physical activity, if you’re concerned about your ability to safely participate in the program, please consult your doctor. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions
The program commences on October 14 and concludes on December 10.
The preliminary schedule is as follows. You don’t need to make every session but sessions early in the program (weeks 1 and 2) will generally include more discussion on skills and technique so are worth trying to get to:
- Sat 7am – bike, Kings Park
- Sun week 1, 2pm – swim analysis, HBF pool
- Sun weeks 2-7, 7am – bike/run or practice Tri, City Beach
- Sun week 9, 7am – practice Tri and celebration BBQ, Bold Park Pool
- Wed 6.30pm – swim, HBF pool
- Thurs 6pm – run, WA athletics track
- Fri weeks 5-8, 6am – open water swim, City Beach
The program cost is transferable but non-refundable. If you need to pull out you may offer your place to another athlete but we regret we cannot provide refunds.